A roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe that is hearty and comes in at well under 300 calories. It’s easy to make and so delicious, it may even become a healthy, family favorite meal.
Low in calories and high in vitamins, broccoli is an amazing vegetable to give us valuable nutrients. If you want to find out how much nutrition broccoli gives us, see our page Broccoli Nutrition Facts.
Visit our page Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli? to find out just how good eating broccoli regularly is for us.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Cook broccoli in boiling water 1 minute. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain.
- 3. Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons rind, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss to combine. Arrange broccoli and shrimp in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- 4. Combine oil, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons rind, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add broccoli; toss to combine.
Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe – Nutritional Information
Yield: 4 servings
- Calories 268
- Fat 10g
- Satfat 1.5g
- Monofat 5.4g
- Polyfat 2g
- Protein 37.3g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 2.9g
- Cholesterol 259mg
- Iron 5mg
- Sodium 571mg
- Calcium 135mg
Other healthy broccoli recipes
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast and Garlic
- Roast Broccoli with Chili Soy Dressing
- Broccoli and Chicken Chinese Stir Fry
- One-pot Pasta Broccoli and Peas
Our thank you’s go to Holley and MyRecipes. Here is their YouTube instructional video.
Here is the MyRecipes YouTube channel link.