A simple and easy one-pot pasta broccoli and peas recipe that only takes five minutes to prepare and eleven minutes to cook. A filling and healthy meal that only has six ingredients and one of those is water.
If you want a stronger flavor, you can substitute the water with vegetable stock or even black tea.
Another tip if you want to use gluten-free pasta, is that the the sauce will thicken much more and you might need to add more water.
Broccoli is high in vitamins and minerals, low in calories and high in fiber. You can see just how good for us broccoli is, on our page Broccoli Nutrition Facts.
Eating broccoli regularly can give us some great health benefits, find out more on our page Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli?
Ingredients – one-pot pasta broccoli and peas
- 2 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 5.3oz pasta
- 5.3oz broccoli, diced
- 1.8oz frozen peas
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped (20 leaves)
- Pour the water and salt into a non–stick pan, place it over a high heat and bring the water to the boil.
- Once the liquid reaches boiling point, tip in the pasta, the broccoli, the peas, and bring to the boil once again.
- As soon as the liquid is back to boiling point, turn the heat down to medium and start counting the cooking time, which depends upon the pasta you are using.
- During the cooking time, make sure to stir the ingredients three or four times in total.
- At the end of the cooking time, stir the ingredients, turn off the heat, cover the pan with the lid and let the pasta rest for three to four minutes.
- Once the resting time is up, adjust salt to taste, sprinkle the pasta with some parsley if desired, stir one last time and serve.
More broccoli recipes
Give these other delicious and healthy, broccoli weight loss recipes a try.
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
- Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast and Garlic
- Roast Broccoli with Chili Soy Dressing
- Broccoli and Chicken Chinese Stir Fry
Thanks to The Vegan Corner for the one-pot pasta broccoli and peas recipe. Here is a link to the YouTube instructional video.
Here is a link to The Vegan Corner’s page.