A healthy lemon chicken, Indian style recipe with a zesty lemon tang. Tasty spices compliment the succulent marinade chicken. All you have to do is marinate the chicken in the fridge for one hour before cooking.
Remember to stir continually to ensure the meat is cooked evenly. Don’t worry it only takes a few minutes to cook from start to finish. 😊
Ingredients – (Healthy Lemon Chicken Indian Style)
- 1/2 cup chicken, boneless
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 hour marinate contains – 1 tablespoon oil. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. 1 teaspoon ginger, minced. 1 teaspoon garlic, minced. 1 teaspoon turmeric. 2 tablespoon coriander powder. 2 tablespoon water.
Cooking Instructions – (Healthy Lemon Chicken Indian Style)
- 1. In a bowl mix boneless chicken, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper powder and salt.
- 2. Marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator In a pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, minced ginger, minced garlic, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Once oil is hot. Mix it.
- 3. Add 1 tablespoon water and mix again.
- 4. Add marinated chicken and keep stirring for Approximate 5 minutes.
- 5. Add more 1 tablespoon water and stir once.
- 6. Let it cook until chicken is tender. [Approximate 5 min]
- 7. Garnish with coriander leaves and a slice of lemon.
- 8. Serve HOT! Yummy
You can find out more about the multiple health benefits of lemons at our healthy lemons page.
For an alternative healthy lemon chicken recipe with a 5 minute preparation time see the baked lemon pepper chicken recipe. If you fancy a tasty lemon fish dish instead you can try the lemon garlic baked fish recipe which also comes with a low cooking time of only 10 -12 minutes.
Chef’s Classic 12-Inch Skillet
When was the last time you upgraded your kitchen with something really top level? This is Cuisinart’s chef’s classic. A nonstick hard-anodized 12-Inch skillet with a glass cover. Professional cooking performance with a lifetime warranty.