If you want a dish that’s tangy and fresh and very easy to make, try this delicious, healthy broccoli salad recipe. Maybe a bit different from the usual salad combinations. This recipe uses a full head of broccoli (500g), sweet corn and pickled gherkins with spring onion, garlic, peppers and lemon juice to give it a tangy zing.
Broccoli is a great ingredient for any salad and is of course stuffed with useful vitamins and minerals. Find out more about how broccoli helps us on our Image Healthy page Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli?
Broccoli is low in fat and high in vitamins and a fantastic addition to our regular diet. See just how much vitamins and minerals are in broccoli at our page Broccoli Nutrition Facts.
Ingredients – healthy broccoli salad recipe
- A head of broccoli (500g)
- 1 cup canned sweet corn
- 3-4 pickled gherkins
- 3 roasted capia pepper
- Spring onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1- In a deep pan, boil 500 g of broccoli florets and cook for 4 minutes.
- 2- Drain and set aside to cool down.
- 3- Pluck the florets into smaller pieces.
- 4- Mix in; 1 cup of canned sweet corn, 3 roasted and cut capia peppers, 3-4 strips of chopped spring onions, 3-4 cut pickled gherkins, 2 cloves of grated garlic, juice of a lemon, olive oil and salt.
- 5- Broccoli salad is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Healthy broccoli recipes
- One-pot Pasta Broccoli and Peas
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
- Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast and Garlic
- Roast Broccoli with Chili Soy Dressing
- Broccoli and Chicken Chinese Stir Fry
You can easily find more healthy broccoli recipes simply by searching our site or by clicking on the broccoli keyword at the bottom of this post.
Thanks to Nefis TV for the recipe, here is a link to their YouTube healthy broccoli salad recipe video.