Crustless broccoli cheddar quiche recipe. A light and tasty dish that is low carb and can be eaten as a light lunch, brunch or even as breakfast. Easy to serve with salad and baby boiled potatoes.
It’s also a very versatile recipe with people adding onions or mushrooms that they have left over from other meals. Some people even add chicken, ham or bacon. Experiment with the recipe, make it how you think you would like it or just by what’s left over in your fridge. 😊 Let’s get baking some crustless broccoli cheddar quiche!
We know broccoli is an amazing vegetable packed with vitamins and minerals, that benefits our health when eaten regularly, but just how much does it benefit us? Visit our pages Broccoli Nutrition Facts and Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli? to discover more.
- cooking spray
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup half & half cream
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- 2. Steam the chopped broccoli florets in the microwave with 1 tablespoon water until tender crisp and green but not mushy, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Evenly spread the broccoli in the dish and top it evenly with the grated cheddar cheese.
- 4. Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, half and half, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set.
- 5. Cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 174 calories
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Sodium: 358mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 12.5g
More healthy broccoli recipes
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
- Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast and Garlic
- Roast Broccoli with Chili Soy Dressing
- Broccoli and Chicken Chinese Stir Fry
- One-pot Pasta Broccoli and Peas
Thanks to Skinny Taste for the delicious recipe. Here is their YouTube instructional video.