A juicy, melt in your mouth broccoli and chicken Chinese stir fry recipe that’s well worth making. It’s easy and healthy and you don’t even need to use cooking oil. Try this as a healthier and cheaper version of take-out.
If you need another prompt to create this recipe then take a look at our page Broccoli Nutrition Facts to find out all the vitamin and minerals found in broccoli.
Visit our page Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits of Broccoli? to find out how adding more broccoli to our diet will benefit our health.
Ingredients – broccoli and chicken Chinese stir fry
- 1 large sliced chicken breast
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 sliced carrot
- slurry – equal water and starch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 -2 tsp minced ginger
- white pepper
- drizzle sesame oil
- Prepare all ingredients before cooking.
- Mix chicken, soy sauce, rice wine, egg white and cornstarch. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce and whisk well.
- Blanch broccoli florets and carrots.
- When water comes up to a light boil add chicken and give one or two pushes so not to stick together. Blanch for about 2 minutes and remove.
- Clean wok and add sauce. Bring up to a simmer for one minute.
- Add chicken, broccoli, carrots and slurry.
- Stir until thickened and all chicken and veggies coated.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Serve with rice, enjoy!
More broccoli recipes
Fancy some more healthy and easy recipe ideas? See more tasty broccoli recipes.
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
- Vegan Broccoli Soup Recipe
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Roasted Broccoli with Nutritional Yeast and Garlic
- Roast Broccoli with Chili Soy Dressing
- One-pot Pasta Broccoli and Peas
Thanks to Tess Cooks 4u for the recipe. Here is a link to their youtube broccoli and chicken chinese stir fry recipe.